Tuesday, April 28, 2020

iPhone 7 ... Gone in Less Than A Year!



A refurbished phone given to me for birthday gift... this was bought in California, as he is working in Apple Computer. From the beginning the first thing I notice is that I can't talk to the phone like saying "Hey Siri!" it just won't activate...

Anyway, that is a minor problem... So I just ignore it...

Now just today, when I was about to charge it, wifi off, and airplane mode ... left it for a couple of hours when I came back the battery percentage drop down to 9%!
I thought what happened? Before I attached it to the charger it was 15% now it got down to 9%???

Troubleshooting I change the charger, I use the Anker 4-in-1 that I also use to charge Tablet and old Android phone... still it didn't work!

I attached the Android Tablet in Anker it worked! it was charging but when I attached the iPhone 7 still it won't work...

Till the battery in the iPhone went down to 1%... and it died!

So from July 13, 2019, to Today April 28, 2020, = 9 months of Life Span... well that number sounds familiar!?

Anyway, I don't know if I can claim any warranty on this product as I'm not the one who bought it ... 

These days everything is closed. We are on Lockdown due to CoVid-19.
There is no way I can get to any Apple Repair store... or even buy a new lightning cable that cost 1,190 Pesos!!!
Geez! I think I can buy a new MyPhone Android phone with that price! (^_^)

So I just have to accept the fact to say Good Bye iPhone... made me feel discouraged to buy something like you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there. just came across your story. sorry to hear that. i think you should just wait until the lock down is over, then you should just go to apple store to repair it. trust me, iphone 7 is a beast. i have 7 plus and it runs like a champ! love my experience

ice9web said...

UPDATE: As of July 2nd week I ordered a lightning cable from Shopee online store... it came from China ...and receive the cable around July 1st week... so this iPhone is finally alive and charging well! :)

Post a Comment

"Anonymous" are prone to deletion...
what are you afraid of?
C'mon Let yourself known.

Thank you for your message (^_^)