Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Unexpected Moments Angels In Our Life

Today was one of the memorable day...
Early this morning we experience 5.3 Magnitude Earthquake again around 4am... it woke me up ... like it always will that's why I don't have continuous sleep for the past days... then I slept again and often wake up around 7am
This earthquake started again on Sunday, Dec. 15... we had 6.9 it was trembling so hard everywhere that left me shivering for more than 30mins...
Kinda having trauma with these shakes we are going through.

Also got a call from one of Angel friend who is sending a package from USA that I be receiving it in two weeks time. (^_^)



Anyway, I don't want to be too late for a Doctors appointment, (eyes, teeth, and heart) part of an annual physical exam to comply the renewal of health card and insurance of the company I'm working with.

Going to one doctor to another just to get a priority number...


But it was ok cause their office is like only around 30 to 40 meters away from each other (^_^)
Went to the doctor for reading in all results from lab test, X-ray... etc... done Monday ...
The longest wait was the dentist!

Then I had my lunch along Bonifacio Street.. was also surprised to see so many "Foodpanda" delivery man picking up the order they were like more than 7 of them... I was going to take a picture but I didn't (^_^)




The flower box is amazing!

Upon walking 3 blocks, crossing two streets... (which I'm no longer used to crossing streets as my lifestyle has changed for more than 3 years) anyway I wanted to do what I used to do - to get a jeepney ride in Claveria St.

I met a lot of "long time no see" ... schoolmate from college... (wish I could have taken a picture of her.. but we were in the middle of crossing the street!)

(Just want to take this video as the news said jeepney will be remove one by one - by January 2020)


Roads and buildings are under construction.

Went to ride Obrero jeep to go to Victoria Plaza ... I unexpectedly met ex-officemate Cesar :)


He was one of the very first friend in the company during my first days at night shift.

so we had a chat while waiting in line at the cashier...

After that when I was about to ride a taxi... :( And a lot of shoppers were falling in line waiting for a RIDE!
A yellow tricycle at far was coming closer... told the guy who helps me with grocery ... "I will ride that tricycle please call that" ... wasn't able to see who is the driver of tricycle cause it was far from us... then when he was near I recognize the driver right away...
Wow! he is the same guy who was helping me way back in my college days!

During 2003 at the university there no walking shed and cement floor it was all soil, earth and like sandy area... so imagine when it rains? We have floods up to the ankle or sometimes knee, in our university field and most areas are like mini quicksand... you know the shoes will go deep in wet soil and dirt will be all over your shoes to the ankle ...

so imagine me using crutches?
The crutches will sink inside the wet sandy soil and hard for me to move as in lift it up again because it goes so deep! And get too heavy because it accumulated too much soil inside the aluminium crutches body and also slippery... so the Tricycle Driver saw that and there were two of them who is like an Angel... gave me their cellphone number so in case it will rain... I will just text them and they will go inside the campus to fetch me...
(With the security guard from campus permission, of course, all of the security guards knows me too),

Back to the tricycle, they fetch me without extra charges.... sometimes they wouldn't even ask for money cause they know I don't have as it was like unexpected rain and usually I only walk going home... so most of the time I got free rides from them when it rains...

Till I graduated and got a job ... I haven't seen them anymore... those two tricycle driver who are willing to help me... I can see nowadays, its so hard to find somebody like their attitude... most of the tricycles drivers here in our place are charging so high! Much higher than the Jeepney ride.

Now when I saw him I was really happy! And when he saw me He was like "oi! musta kana? dugay gyud taka wala nakita bah!" (hey how are you its been a long time I have not seen you!)

I can see in his eyes he was so happy and I asked about his friend who also helped me, how is he, is he still driving tricycle... never saw him too...
He told me about his children that they are now graduated but his friend is still single ... so told him ... yes, that's trending these days ... cause I'm also single... and we both laugh...

For all the times he helped me I actually wanted to treat him something to eat so he can share more about what happen etc... but I have to do a lot of stuff like arrange the grocery, etc...
you see VACATION LEAVE is like more "Physical tasks" for me, like catch up with sewing, fixing things, laundry, organizing cabinet, cleaning, etc...
Go to pag-ibig, government offices, etc...

And so, I gave him my budget for taxi... I know he wouldn't accept it but I just said ... "hey it's Christmas!" and he accepted it :)

There are a lot of people, Jeepney and Tricycle driver who have helped me during my college days when I still don't have money... they would give me a free ride, you know like if they found me walking in the street, they would stop, call me and offer a free ride, and if I find one of them these days... I would give them more than the desired fare... well most of the time they hesitate... I insist and tell them I could never forget how you helped me and it's not every day you're going to see me to give you this much... and he would say "ahahaha" (^_^)

Angels in our Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Anonymous" are prone to deletion...
what are you afraid of?
C'mon Let yourself known.

Thank you for your message (^_^)